The Australasian Tunnelling Society (ATS) is pleased to announce that the Tunnel Design & Construction Short Course is to be held in Melbourne November 19 to 21. The ATS Short Course has an established history of providing high quality content to new entrants and delegates looking to refresh their knowledge.
This three-day interactive course features a series of presentations, workshops and tours that aim to take the delegates through the entire life-cycle of a project covering all major aspects of tunnelling from industry experts.
This short course is essential for:
- Tunnelling practitioners who wish to bring their knowledge up to date;
- Tunnelling practitioners who wish to learn about related fields in which they do not have direct experience;
- Practitioners that work in associated areas, such as education, insurance or with public authorities, and;
- Young engineers and students who wish to gain an understanding of the work involved in the design and construction of tunnels.
This year’s course themes include;
- Design Overview
- Geotechnical site investigation interpretive reporting
- Groundwater inflow, drawdown and impact assessment
- Temporary and permanent support design
- Segmental lining design
- Tunnel waterproofing
- Fire and life safety and ventilation design
- Safety in design
- Ground improvement
- Overview of tunnel and shaft construction methods
- Project procurement and risk management
- Tendering and estimating
- Construction management and logistics
- Tunnel operating systems