Australian Tunnelling Society is a Technical Society of Engineers Australia (EA) and is a member of the International Tunnelling Association (ITA).
The Australian Tunnelling Society (ATS) aims to:
- Advance the knowledge of the Australian Tunnelling Industry through areas of design, construction and utilisation of underground space, including technical aspects, health and safety, and ecologically sustainable development;
- Stimulating a better understanding of the underground domain by governments, planners and the community;
- Promoting and reviewing research and development of subsurface projects;
- Maintaining affiliation with the International Tunnelling Association (ITA) through active membership, including participation on ITA Working Groups;
- Communicating and linking with other local and international likes associations concerned with the application, planning and practice of subsurface development and utilisation, and;
- Reviewing the adequacy of education and training of technologists associated with the science, engineering and practice of subsurface development.
We currently have five active local groups;
- Western Australia;
- New South Wales, and;
And one Special Interest Group
The ATS membership includes:
- Client representatives;
- Asset Operators;
- Suppliers, and;