The seventh edition of the International Tunnelling Association Tunnelling Awards will be an all-online affair to allow maximum participation from around the globe.
2020 award winners included John Holland, CPB and Ghella whose joint venture for tunnelling and station excavation works for the Sydney Metro City and Southwest Project claimed the Major Project of the Year Award.
Norway’s Otta Hydropower Project received the top gong for Project Of The Year Including Renovation, while Melbourne’s Josh Barry was named Young Tunneller of The Year.
The eight categories for the ITA Tunnelling Awards 2021 are:
- Major Project of the Year — more than €500 million
- Project of the Year — between €50 million and €500 million
- Project of the Year incl. Renovation — up to €50 million
- Technical Innovation of the Year
- Beyond Engineering — making underground works projects even better
- Oddities of the Underground
- Innovative and contributing underground spaces
- Young Tunneller of the Year
Entries for all categories remain open until June 30, 2021.