In 2004 the Australasian Tunnelling Soceity started the David Sugden Award to encourage young engineers to develop the art of technical writing.
The prize for the winning paper includes complimentary conference registration fees and $2,000 towards personal travel and accommodation costs at the ITA-AITES General Assembly and World Tunnel Congress 2019 to be held in Naples, Italy from 3-9 May 2019.
Nominations Close 1 July 2018.
Visit the David Sugden Award page to see past winners and learn about the award’s namesake.
Terms and Conditions of Entry:
- The competition is open to all ATS members and university students under 35 years of age (as at 31 August 2018).
- The task is to write a technical paper on any subject relating to tunnelling and underground construction – not less than 2,000 words and not more than 5,000 words.
- Best paper to be judged by the Australasian Tunnelling Society Executive Committee.
- Only papers with individual authorship will be considered.
- Only one (1) nominated paper is allowed per author in a given area of tunnelling and underground construction.