The University of Wollongong has a number of PhD scholarships relating to air quality including Diesel Particulate Matter (DPM), dust and Respirable Crystalline Silica (RCS). The following projects are available:
- Centralised management and real-time interpretation of emissions based maintenance data for diesel fleets.
- Development and validation of a dust control index to minimise worker exposure to dust.
- 3D facial modelling and recognition for automatic selection of worker respiratory productive equipment.
- A near real-time sensing solution for Respirable Crystalline Silica in underground crushers.
- Innovative control solutions for Respirable Crystalline Silica to protect workers against exposure to silica.
See the flyer via the link below for details. The closing date for submissions is the 21st of February 2020, or until suitable candidates are found.