Conferences serving around 500 people require plenty of prior planning, innovative ideas and improvisation during the event.
The Australasian Tunnelling Conference 2020+1 was no exception, and provided the added complication of being rescheduled due to COVID-19.
But withstanding any challenges a successful event was hosted in Melbourne, with the New Zealand Tunelling Society joining in seamlessly from its hub across the Tasman.
The Australian Tunnelling Society would like to recognise the hard work and countless hours put in by the committee in order to host one of the first face-to-face conferences many in our industry have attended in more than 12 months.
Here is the organising committee for the event:
- Robert Muley – Conference Organising Committee Chair
- Kristy Allan – Mott MacDonald
- Stephen Barrett – Golder Associates
- Richard Buckingham – Golder Associates
- Bruce Grant – Multigrout
- David Grist – Acciona
- Andrew Kindred – WSP
- Lucie Missen – Wallbridge Gilbert Aztec
- Tong Joo Sia – SMEC
- Yuqi Tan – ATC Williams
- Louise Telford – Elle Conference and Events Specialists
- Gerard Quigg – CPB Contractors
- Qian-Bing Zhang – Monash University